As an industry leader and innovator of association technology, we recognize the importance of staying ahead of the curve and anticipating our customers' changing needs. We also recognize the importance of understanding the impact business operations have on our environment - and how adopting green best practices isn't just the right thing to do, it's smart business.
We're committed to reducing our ecological footprint and finding ways to create a more efficient and sustainable business environment that improves the quality of our services, creates a healthier workplace for our employees, and makes us better environmental stewards to the earth.
As we benefit from our green initiatives, our clients also benefit from:
- Increased employee productivity and better customer service
- Increased eco-awareness that we can share with our clients through webinars, newsletters and other communication forums
- Lower operating costs, allowing Avectra to reinvest more in our client products and services
WHAT MAKES US GREEN?
We've taken a number of steps to green our business and engage our employees in greener workplace behavior. Our efforts to date include:
- Our corporate office is 100% wind-powered and a member of the EPA Green Power Partnership
- Avectra is certified as part of the Clean Currents program, which rates companies that employ energy leading technologies using sustainable power
- Avectra's new data center cuts overall hosting energy usage by 40% and enables Avectra to reduce its carbon footprint while providing higher levels of service to our customers
- We set up timers to reduce energy consumption by IT monitors
- We use Energy Star-rated electronics
- We switched to eco-friendly plates, cups and utensils
- We're transitioning to eco-friendly office supplies, including recycled pens, paper, etc.
- We distributed reusable coffee mugs and water bottles to employees to reduce the waste of paper cups and plastic bottles
- We recycle glass, paper, cans, plastics and cardboard
- All of our marketing materials are printed on recycled content paper using vegetable-based inks
- The majority of our office chairs are produced by Herman Miller, a company committed to environmental design
- We hold 'Green Orientation' meetings for our employees, educating them on ways to support our green commitment in their daily work lives
- We achieved third-party certification of our operations - currently earning a Silver rating
- We encourage our employees to carpool or rideshare to work and off-site meetings, and several drive hybrid vehicles
- We use an advanced water filtration system - eliminating the need for bottled water, which reduces waste and provides safer drinking water for our employees
We're committed to making changes - both big and small - that reduce our company's environmental impact, today and into the future.